Are you experiencing a receding hairline? Is your hair thinning? Do you suffer from hair loss or balding? If so, an innovative treatment may help to restore hair growth, volume, and the density of you hair. Platelet rich plasma therapy, also known as PRP, has been used for years in orthopedic medicine. Over time, research has found that PRP can also be beneficial for oral medicine, cosmetic procedures, and hair regrowth.
PRP hair treatment is safe, reliable, and cost affordable. Procedures can be done in less than 90 minutes, and little recovery time is needed. To learn more about PRP hair treatment, call a hair doctor today to schedule a consultation.
The Process for PRP Hair Treatment
PRP is made from your own blood. The process is conducted in several safe and easy steps.
- Your blood is drawn. Using a sterile needle, a small amount of blood will be drawn from your forearm.
- Plasma is created. Technicians will place your blood into a centrifuge that will use a high velocity spinning process to separate your blood into three parts. One of these is platelet rich plasma.
- Plasma is prepared and injected. The plasma will be placed into a syringe with a very fine needle at the end. Your doctor will strategically inject the PRP into the dermal layer of the scalp, wherever hair loss is occuring. It may also be applied topically. This induces a healing process which stimulates the growth of repair cells. Once this is completed, you can return to your regular activities.
Does PRP Therapy Hurt?
Some patients might experience discomfort during the injection process, and there are some who may feel pain. If you are concerned about the treatment hurting you, it is advisable to talk with your doctor about the type of anesthesia that may be used in the process.
Side Effects of PRP Hair Treatment
PRP therapy is considered to be safe and effective; this is backed by 100s of research papers and medical trials. That being said there is a low possibility of experiencing a side effect after the treatment. The most common side effects include:
- Pain around the treated area
- Mild swelling and redness
- Allergic reaction
Clinical Advantages of PRP Treatment for Hair Loss
It’s Safe: PRP is made from your own blood and free from chemicals or additives that could have their own side effects.
Minimal Discomfort: Unlike other hair loss treatments, PRP is non surgical. There may be mild discomfort, but this is expected to diminish within a few days after the procedure.
It’s Convenient: PRP treatment does not require you to take downtime from work or daily life. You can resume normal activities immediately after leaving the clinic.
PRP is Effective: Most patients will notice positive results within 8-12 weeks after the procedure. The full effects may not be noticable for 9-12 months.
Cost Affordable: This hair loss treatment is considerably affordable when compared to other methods.
Versatile: PRP hair treatments are most commonly used on the scalp of men and women, but they may also help to replace facial hair.
Hair Loss Restoration Without Surgery or Scars
If you are interested in PRP hair loss treatments, call to schedule your first appointment.
Wikipedia, Hair Treatment